Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Fresh Start



It has been nearly eight months since there has been anything new posted on this blog. A lot has happened in eight months hiatus. I have finished my master's degree program in Teacher Education. However, due to the trials and struggles that have occurred during that process, which can be read about in earlier entries, my focus has drifted away from teaching and advocacy for persons with disabilities.

Most of this blog has been dedicated to advocacy and discussing various issues that people with disabilities encounter. However, the point of view of the author, me, has changed. A lot of the writing in earlier entries came in a time of my life when I was unhappy with the circumstances faced with. I have since re-evaluated The Voiceless Minority. There was a time where I thought about abandoning the project altogether if I'm honest. However, I decided I would resurrect the blog at this time and take it in a slightly new direction. It will still address social issues, but I will also address practical problems.

One of our more critical topics that will be discussed is, "Is it Accessible?" In this series, I will break down all the places I've traveled to or have been. After doing so, I will examine specific criteria to determine whether areas are accessible by paper standards vs. accessible. Apart from the "Is it Accessible?" series, the blog will focus on current events and real-world issues that may or may not be related to disability. This shift in focus is not meant to take away from the foundation of this blog; rather, it is meant to demonstrate that people with disabilities have a highly engaged mind. To undertake this part of the blog, I may, at certain times, ask for issues to investigate from you, the readers. You can find my email to the right of any page, three-fourths of the way down the page, under the links that say, "Contact Me."



Thank you for reading, and I fear nothing and regret less.

No comments:

Post a Comment